Friday, May 15, 2015

You can't help but smile...

     I take pictures quite a bit throughout the school year.  Right now there are 45 different events that I've taken pictures of, from field trips to awards assemblies, to playground fun, to academics in the classroom.  Many of the pictures are poses.  Girls especially like to pose with their friends.  When boys' pictures are taken, they usually act goofy or silly.  For the most part, everyone likes to get their pictures taken.  Our students know that at the end of the year I have a slide show of the year's events.  I include music with the slides and the show usually is at least 20 minutes long - yes, we have a lot of memories throughout the year.  Students always like to see themselves in the pictures and it is my goal to include as many of the students' pictures as possible.  I want students to say, "I saw myself on the show."  I want every child to know they are important in our family here at Lorena Elementary School.
     There are some that I can't help by smile at.  I know students really like "crazy pictures."  These are group pictures that students can act silly and then be caught on camera with that face.  Some of the faces (including staff members) are priceless.
     In my many years (almost too many to count) as an educator I have made many memories with the students I've served.  Even as a principal I can pal with the students.  My relationships with my students are very important to me.  When I was a teacher, that was my primary goal - to get to know the students and find ways to meet their needs.
     I hope I've met the needs of your child(ren) this year.  I've enjoyed being their principal and am looking forward to another great year in 2015
-2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment